- Can I obtain a copy of my own credit report from National Credit Reporting?
If you are an individual interested in obtaining a copy of your own credit report, you are entitled to obtain a free copy of your credit report every twelve months from the web site: www.annualcreditreport.com. You also have the option to contact the credit bureaus directly. Following are the phone numbers and web site addresses for the nationwide credit bureaus:
Equifax 800-685-1111 www.equifax.com Experian 888-397-3742 www.experian.com TransUnion 800-888-4213 www.transunion.com
In compliance with Section 1785.20 of the Consumer Credit Reporting Agencies Act, if you have been denied rental housing, based in whole or in part on information contained in your Equifax, Experian, or TransUnion report, you may obtain a FREE copy of your credit report within 60 days from any consumer credit reporting agency which compiles and maintains files on consumers on a nationwide basis (Equifax, Experian, TransUnion).
You will be required to provide your name, address, social security number, date of birth, and day/evening phone.
If you applied for rental housing, and National Credit Reporting processed your credit report, you may obtain a copy of your credit report from National Credit Reporting, 6830 Via Del Oro, Suite 105, San Jose, CA 95119, (800) 441-1661.
- Do you access all 3 credit bureaus?
- NCR can provide you with a nationwide credit report from any of the three Credit Repositories in the United States. As a member, you will have your choice of an Equifax, Experian, or TransUnion credit report, all of which have been reformatted and are easy to read. In addition, our representatives will suggest the report that is best suited to your geographical area.
- Do you provide eviction information?
- We can access Unlawful Detainer filings throughout the U.S. Many credit reporting agencies will provide the judgments that appear on any standard credit report as a public record. At National Credit Reporting, however, we specialize in tenant screening and can inform you of all eviction actions with our UD filings, even those that never, or have not yet, made it to judgment status.
- How can I retrieve my reports?
- National Credit Reporting provides a few options for accessing information. Reports can be obtained within seconds via our Internet Website or via facsimile.
- Will your report tell me whether or not to accept a prospective applicant?
- Our Consultants will meet with each client and review the criteria for every property. Based upon the many factors involved, our Consultants will derive a scoring system designed to choose the best residents for each property.
- How do we set up an account?
- Please feel free to contact a representative at (800) 441-1661 to arrange a consultation.
- What are your hours of operation?
- NCR provides a full staff and services Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:30pm Pacific Standard Time.
- Can you provide nationwide background checks?
NCR has access to criminal data in all fifty states, simultaneously. However, in some states the completeness of the criminal information is dictated by the availability of the court records.
In addition, NCR is an Approved FBI Fingerprint Channeler with the capability of channeling fingerprints directly to the FBI. We provide a process for the Housing Authorities and Financial institutions applicants to provide personal and demographic information via FBI fingerprint cards or live scan submissions on a national level.
- What is the turnaround time on your criminal background checks?
- Depending upon the type of criminal record being requested, our turnaround time can be as quick as a few hours and up to a week. Physical County criminal searches tend to take longer, as the information is typically stored offsite or archived, and we are at the mercy of the court clerks.
- Can you set up separate invoices for multiple property locations?
- Yes, we can set up each location with separate billing, separate account user ID's, and passwords for logging into our website. In addition each property product selection can be unique to the property.